Blog #8: In the Age of AI
After watching the second hour of In the Age of AI, I realized that artificial intelligence is a much bigger part of our lives than I ever thought. Before this documentary, I mostly thought of AI as ChatGPT, Siri, or the videos that show up on my TikTok page. I knew it was becoming more popular, but I did not realize how much it is already being used in healthcare, businesses, and even national security. Watching the documentary made me see both the good and the bad sides of AI.
At the same time, the documentary made me realize that AI can also be scary. The biggest thing that caught my attention was privacy. I use my phone all the time, whether I am on TikTok, Instagram, shopping online, or doing homework, and I honestly never think about how much information I am giving away. It was surprising to learn how much data companies collect and how AI can use that information. I like that technology makes life easier, but I also think people should know what is happening with their personal information.
Another part that surprised me was how AI could affect national security. AI can help protect people by finding threats faster than humans can, but it can also be used in the wrong way. People can use it to spread fake information, create videos that look real, or even hack into important systems. It made me realize that as AI gets smarter, it is probably going to become harder to know what is real online.
The documentary also made me think about online security and identity theft. I spend a lot of time online because of school, social media, and shopping, so it is honestly a little scary to think about how easy it could become for someone to steal personal information. AI is making scams look more realistic, and I think people my age need to be more careful than ever before. Just because something looks real does not mean it actually is.
Overall, I really liked this documentary because it did not only talk about the good parts of AI or only focus on the bad parts. It showed both sides, which made me think about technology in a different way. Before watching it, I mostly thought AI was just something fun that made life easier. Now I realize it is much more powerful than that. I think AI is going to keep growing, and while I am excited to see what it can do, I also think people need to use it responsibly. Technology can make our lives better, but it should never come at the cost of our privacy or safety.
Comments
Post a Comment